Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mixed emotions

Today's one of those days. I'm happy & bummed at the same time.

I'm happy. Today is our second wedding anniversary. 2 years ago, S & I exchanged vows on a super windy beach in Mexico. The officiant said his name wrong approximately 20 times. The wind damn near blew my veil right off the back of my head. I sat at a beachside bar while S sang & played the Foo Fighters "Walking After You" to me. Then we danced, sang, & drank the night away. It was perfect. If I could live that day over & over, I would.

Today is the day that we planned on announcing our pregnancy on Facebook. We'd be 17 & 1/2 weeks along now, almost half baked. Instead, yesterday was 2 months since the loss.

I also had to get up this morning at 5:30 to head down to the hospital for my pre-admission testing. On October 31st, I'm having laparoscopic surgery to see if they can figure out the cause of  & clear the blockage in my right tube.

I felt torn going into today. Do I focus on what could have been? Or do I focus on what I have now & the possibilities ahead of us? I decided to try my best to do the latter. I have a wonderful & supportive husband & we're taking positive steps toward starting our family. I don't know what the future holds for us, but for today I'm forcing myself to be positive.






3 comments:

  1. Your wedding story made me smile :) Sounds so perfect despite the wind, and wrong names.

    My heart is broken for you, but try not to lose hope. I know that is easier said than done.

    Good luck on your surgery, I'll be praying. I'm always here if you ever need to talk.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I'm sorry that today is full of so many mixed emotions and I am so, so sorry for your loss. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete