Friday, November 8, 2013

Idiot, I married an idiot

I love my husband, but he's a dumbass & doesn't listen well.

I called Dr. T on Wednesday, I was still in a ton of pain(6 days post-op), running out of meds & I was worried that my incisions might be getting infected. The told me to come in Thursday morning so he could take a look. Of course, I woke up feeling pretty great on Thursday, but I went. He examined my incisions & said that everything was healing nicely, he wanted me to cancel me post-op on the 15th.

So, I decided to ask him about this mysterious 'hairy overgrowth' that my darling, genius husband said Dr. T told him was the problem. Stephanie(his nurse) burst out into laughter. Dr. T looked at me like I had 3 heads. He chuckled & said that they inserted contrast material, inserted the wire into my tube & it pushed straight through the blockage. Then they were able to get contrast dye through both tubes. The end. I asked what the blockage was, he said they couldn't determine it, just that it wasn't endo related.

So then I asked myself, outloud, why Sean heard what he thought he heard. Dr. T, who admittedly has a very strong Greek accent(that I can understand perfectly clearly) said that he told S, who had no product in his curly fro, that HIS hair was overgrown. How my lovely dummy translated that into me having a hairy growth in my tube, I'll never know. Not sure why he didn't think to ask a question or 2 when being told something that bizarre.


I'm definitely starting to feel better, though. I should hit CD1 sometime in the next few days. At that point, I call the office & set up CD3 monitoring & we make a plan for this cycle.

Unrelated, I think I want to go see Thor 2 this weekend.

Also unrelated to me & TTGP, Doodmama made it to ET & transferred 2 gorgeous day 5 early blasts! I'm super excited for her!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you're healing well and there's no infection!!! Also glad to hear that you don't have any hairy overgrowths. That story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so freakin' hilarious!! I'm glad you're finally on the mend, I hope you're all recovered and feeling like yourself again in no time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing every time I think about your "hairy tubes"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh out loud. Glad you are healing well!

    ReplyDelete