Friday, November 1, 2013

These tubes are CLEAR!

Yesterday morning, we woke up nice & early, got ready and left for the hospital. We needed to be there by 9:30, it was about an hour away & we had morning traffic to fight with. I got showered, put on my Halloween socks & we headed out.

      IMG_20131031_084611.jpg

Traffic was light so we got there plenty early. I checked in & waited to be called back for pre-op. They called my name after about 20 minutes. Once I had my IV started, Sean was able to come back to wait with me. I talked to the nurses, a resident who would be observing, the staff OB, 2 Anesthesiologists, & Dr. T. Then I said goodbye to S & was on my way back.

Once in the OR, they had me shift over to the operating table. I laid down, got my drugs & was out like a light. Next thing I knew, I woke up in recovery. Dr. T came over with a big smile on his face. He didn't say much, but this is what he said, "Everything went great! Tubes are open & no endometriosis." He smiled at me & then left. Still in a haze, I began to wonder what on Earth he found if not endo. That was our best guess going in. So now what? 

I laid in recovery for what seemed like forever. They kept telling me to take deep breaths & cough, which I diligently did even though it hurt like a bitch. They gave me some ginger ale, graham crackers, & percocet. I was bloated and sore, but they said it would start to subside as I started moving around & burping. About an hour later the wheeled me back to the same-day surgery area.

The nurse pushed the rest of my IV & disconnected it. Then S was brought back. It was great to see him. I love him, but my thoughts immediately went to, "he has my throat lozenges." My throat was killing me from the breathing tube. So I asked the nurse if I could have one, she said of course, & sweet relief was on it's way. 

I asked S what Dr. T told him, what was the cause of the blockage? S said, "He told me it was a hair overgrowth & that it was all cleared now." I figured he must have meant something about the cilia in & around the fallopian tubes. But, S said that Dr. T was very happy with how it went. That was good enough for me, for now.

About 30 minutes later, I was getting dressed & waiting for my scripts. Dr. T didn't leave them. So they called the office & he was still there & in surgery. Once he finished, he popped over, gave my my scripts, told me everything went wonderfully & he'd see me in 2 weeks. Another big grin & he was gone. 

Then S went to get the car and the nurse wheeled me down. I grabbed my big pillow & S strapped me in. Then we made the long, bumpy, miserable ride home. Once we got home, I waddled in (walking hurt like a summbitch). I tried to lay flat, STUPID!!! So I decided to set up my pillows so I could sit upright in bed comfortably. S helped me into bed & got me as comfy as possible. Dori came & snuggled up with me. Then S headed to CVS to get my drugs. 

IMG_20131031_204051.jpg

I hung out in bed the rest of the night. S made mac & cheese for me  for dinner. Then I snuggled in with my new body pillow & passed out. S was kind enough to sleep on the couch so I could have the whole bed. 

Today, I'm sore but so very happy! I never thought something like open fallopian tubes could make me so happy. LOL. Oh the things TTC does to your brain.

A big THANK YOU to my girls on TB. I wouldn't have had my lozenges or pillow with me without you ladies. Also want to wish my girl Doodmama GOOD LUCK with her egg retrieval on Sunday morning! I have everything crossed for them to get lots & lots of mature eggies from you!

XO ~Becky


1 comment: