Sunday, December 22, 2013

IUI #1

is in the books! Yesterday, we got up early as hell for S to go make his deposit. I sent him off & stayed home to get ready because we both over slept. He was scheduled to get there at 7. At 7:10, he called me to let me know that no one was at the lab. What the hell? I called the answering service & they tried to reach someone. They couldn't. Apparently they were just running late & didn't know they had anyone scheduled for this morning. He did his thing & came home to pick me up. We went to breakfast while they processed his sample.

We headed back to the clinic for my 9am spermination. The nurse was the only one there when we got there. She grabbed my Ovidrel from their cooler & started talking to me about administering it. She told me that they had to charge $10 for them to administer. I said nbd, I can do it. We headed to the exam room (they let S come back) & she kept trying to tell me how to do the shot, then she closed the door & said "Screw it, I'm the only one here. They won't know I did it for you." The shot was fine, just a tiny pinch.

I asked why we switched my trigger from the night before to day of the IUI. She said there must have been something in my b/w to indicate that I was about to ovulate on my own. She said it's pretty common for my office to do it on the same day, if they want to try to make sure that the patient doesn't ovulate before the IUI. Once the doc got there, I confirmed that with him.

The IUI itself was fine. I has some cramping when they injected his sample, they said that was normal. Just had to lay there for 20 minutes before we could get up & leave. I swear everything leaked out of me while I was laying there, but I suppose that's highly unlikely. Before heading out, I asked for S's post wash numbers: 48.5 mil per ml & 88% motile. I think they only put in a half ml sample though, so 24.25 mil. Still good numbers from what I'm reading. I go back Friday for a confirmation ultrasound & bloodwork, then January 3rd is my beta.

From there, we headed to S's family Christmas party. We hung out there for a few hours & then headed home & went to bed super early.

I decided to temp this morning, for s&g I guess. I haven't temped at all this cycle. My temp was in my normal post-O range. I guess I'll temp for my 2WW just to see what it does, I should at least be able to see my temp dropping if I'm out.

Today has been spent watching Christmas movies & trying like hell to get into the holiday spirit. It's not working, but I'll keep trying. Home Alone 2 is on right now. Up next, Christmas Vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Sending all the sticky, good swimmer thoughts to your ute right now! Your beta is the day before Parker's birthday, so he will send some birthday wishes to you too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you so much luck this cycle!!! Sending lots of good vibes!! xo

    ReplyDelete