Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hai

Oh man, It's been 2 weeks since I posted. I'm a neglectful blogger. This may or may not end up a rambly mess of a post. Sorry, my head's all over the place right now.

I'm still hanging out in cycle 13, but it's month 14 now. I'm 4DPO, possibly. We were visiting my family in Louisiana last week & OPK testing just didn't happen. The fine folks over at Fertility Friend seem to think that I ovulated on Saturday though.

Fingers crossed that they got this one right. S & I both got horrible colds the day after we arrived in New Orleans. We tried a few times, but the chest congestion got the better of us & we only managed O-1. All we can do is wait it out I guess. I think I'm settled on moving to medicated cycles if this one is a bust. S just agrees with whatever I want to do, thought I'd really like some actual input from him on this decision. Blindly agreeing with me is ok & encouraged in most areas of life, but this shit matters & I don't know the right answer.

Aside from getting sick as shit, our trip to New Orleans was great. We spent the first 2 nights in a swanky hotel downtown called The Saint, highly recommend it! We went out to a couple of nice dinners, including GW Fins where we went on S's first trip there 10 years ago. We went to the Po'boy Festival on Sunday, things like that are always a good time. You get to escape the touristy parts of the city & see the real soul of New Orleans.

We both woke up Monday, with sore throats(yippee). We checked out of that hotel & switched to the other one out in the 'burbs. From there we made the 3 hour drive to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. We got to see my sister's daughter for only the 3rd time ever(she's 15 months old). It was awesome to play with her & even more awesome to watch S play with her & hold her for an hour trying to get her to nap in the middle of the craziness. She absolutely wouldn't sleep of course, but it was so great to watch the man that NEVER wanted children hold her & sneak little kisses when he thought I wasn't looking. 

We spent Tuesday & Wednesday looking at apartments for our move next spring. At the end of the day on Wednesday, we decided that we really liked one of them so we went back, filled out the application, & put down the deposit on a unit there. EEEP! This is really happening! I'M GOING HOME!!!!!

Thursday we got moving super slow. That was the day our cold decided to seriously kick our asses. It was late by the time we finally drug ourselves out the door & started the 1.5 hour drive to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving with my mom's side. I had been dreading this for, well pretty much since the D&E in August. My family isn't shy & says exactly what's on their mind. If they want to know why we don't have a kid in tow, they're asking bluntly. We dealt with a lot of that the year before, but we were only 2 months into trying. "We're working on it" was a lot easier to say at that time. 11 months & a loss later, not so much. I was pretty sure that having my 8 month pregnant cousin around was only going to amplify things. But, either my mom told them all to shut up before we go there or they were totally distracted by our moving news. I don't care which it was, no one mentioned babies to me. It was glorious.

Friday, we slept. We slept until 1 & it was the 3rd greatest thing to happen on the trip(the apartment & S with my niece being 1 & 2). Then we packed up most of our crap & headed out to happy hour with a few of my closest friends. Headed back to the hotel, packed the rest of our stuff & passed out. Saturday was pretty boring. We flew home & I decided to torture Tim with some festive attire. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever, so he's gonna have to suffer through wearing it more than once.


It's back to life as usual now. Work, sleep, work, gym, sleep, work....lather, rinse, repeat. I'm trying not to focus too much on this cycle. It's probably the last shot we'll take at getting knocked up the good 'ol fashioned way. But that doesn't matter anymore. We need our baby. I've always needed our baby, but S is finally at a point that it's no longer a want, it's a need. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a mostly great trip (sorry about the colds) and I'm so excited for you about the move home! I am a little sad that you'll be moving south just when I'm about to move north though. Tim looks adorable! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the trip went well, but sorry for the poorly timed colds :( I loved reading about S with your niece - so sweet! Congrats on finding a new apt!! I have my fx for you this cycle, but it's always nice to have a plan B, just in case. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm chugging along right behind you on the chart since my laparoscopy. Fingers crossed for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about DHs getting more involved with the decision making. My husband always defaults to me on TTC because 'it's my body.' (Yet, he has no problem opposing me on everything else, like what movie to watch, or which curtains to hang). Anywho, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete