Friday, January 3, 2014

BFP!!!

Yesterday(12dpiui, 11dpo) my temp dropped & I was sure this cycle was over. So sure that I stocked up on wine & beer for the weekend on my way home. I was nauseous as hell last night so I stuck to ginger ale last night. I woke up around 4:15 & since I had to be up early for my beta, I decided to temp. It went back up! Woo, I had some hope for my beta. I wanted to go back to sleep, but once I'm even a little awake I have to go to the bathroom. I did & went back to bed. I fell back asleep & had a dream that I tested & got a positive. That woke me up at 5:15. I laid there for a few minutes trying to fall back asleep, I wanted to test now but I wanted 4 hours since I went to the potty. Nope, I was awake & had to go. So I tested with a Wondfo, a faint line came up but a lot of women have gotten false positives lately. So then I decided to dip a FRER, 3 minutes later...positive! There was a definite second line. I took about 30 pictures of my test because I just didn't believe it. Then I tried to get back in bed & sleep again. No way, not happening. I tried checking FB, TB, & playing candy crush to distract myself...wasn't working.

Finally I decided to wake up Sean. Once I finally got him semi-awake & to turn his lamp on, I handed him the test. He looked at it & said, "Oh, I'm sorry babe." I said, "What are you sorry for? That's a positive!" Silly sleepy head. So we laid there, talking & hugging for a bit. Then I needed to get ready & he needed to dig the car out since we got 7 inches of snow last night.

We headed over to Dr. T's office for my beta. The nurse was all confused because I came in, in shit weather just for blood work. So I confessed to testing at home. She said, "Well shit, I woulda come in too!" I love these people.

I came home & told all of my friends from TB. Those ladies are so fucking amazing! I honestly don't know how I would have gotten this far without them.

Now the waiting for the beta. I finally got the call around 2:30. Beta #1 is 31, my P4 is 19.7. They were happy with my beta & want to start me on Prometrium to supplement my Progesterone. With my pregnancy in July, beta #1 at 13dpo was only 22 so we're ahead of that so I should be happy. I'm fucking terrified though. I'm so scared to lose this. Neither S nor I have let ourselves get excited. I hate that. This should be a time that I'm elated & loss has robbed me of that. The best I can try to do is be optimistic & I'm not doing great with that.

Beta #2 is Monday, so for now we just have to focus on doubling times & not what the actual number is. As long as that goes well, I'll be going in every other day for betas until it hits 2000. Last time that ended up taking about 8 or 9 betas ( I don't remember). Once we hit that number, they'll schedule my first ultrasound.

Obligatory pee stick for ya:


I'll probably keep peeing on things until at least bets #2. Hopefully I can calm down a little after that.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! Congrats, love!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking happy for you!!!! FX for a good second beta! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This.Is.AWESOME!!!! Good luck with Beta #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! FX for a great second beta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats lap buddy! I was keeping a creepy Internet stranger eye on your blog. How exciting!

    (And now if you could throw some dust my way that would be totally okay. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! You're the best!

    Lots of positive vibes coming to you Kasey! Everyone else too. Love you ladies!

    ReplyDelete