Friday, January 17, 2014

Meet the blob

I went in for ultrasound #1 this morning. I'm only 5w5d by my calculations, so I knew that there wouldn't be much to see. But part of me was really hoping that I'd be one of those super lucky gals that got to see the first tiny flicker at 5w5d, which is the earliest it is detectable. It was foolish to hope, but I couldn't help it.

The tech get set up & things got on the way. I didn't look at the screen at first, I just couldn't. I was too scared to see nothing. After a minute, she asked if I had a fibroid....what??? No, I do not. Apparently she was having trouble seeing the top of my uterus. NBD. My uterus is tilted, I'm sure that's what caused her issues. Then she turned the screen & started pointing things out to me. Sac, yolk sac, possible fetal pole(although it's still very tiny), lining, yada, yada. I swear as she was going through different images I saw something flickering, but she didn't seem to notice it so it was probably just my imagination.

She finished up & told me it looked like things were developing correctly. The yolk sac is the big concern & that was clearly visible. She said she'd put me closer to 5w2d. I can deal with that, I think...

Here's the blob. I haven't come up with anything else to call it yet, so blob it is for now.


Where the brighter white on the little blob in the sac is, that's where I swear I saw a flicker.

I talked to the NP after. She thinks it's possible that I may have ovulated a day later that I thought & that I may have had later implantation. I guess that would jive with my low first beta. They want me to continue to come for b/w every 4 days, so Monday & Friday next week. She said they repeat scans every 2 weeks. Uh-uh, no freakin way. There is no way I can wait that long. So I'm going back on the 27th, which is 10 days. At that point, I should be pushing 7 weeks by their dates.

I'm still scared. Last time, my first scan put me about a week behind. 10 days later, the news was not good. I guess there's not much to do now other than sit, wait, & try not to go insane.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE grow little blob. We love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. Hai little blob!!!! ::waves enthusiastically::
    I'm so glad today's u/s went well, I am praying that beautiful little blob continues to grow stronger and stronger!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little blob!!! I'm so glad to hear that everything is progressing well. I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there little blob! Flicker and stick around! Pretty please! Hoping this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grow grow grow little blob! Baby Seahorse wants to meet you so you can be partners in crime!

    ReplyDelete