Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reflections

It's New Year's Day 2014, it's only natural to reflect on the previous year. 2013 was a bitch. We had a cancer scare for S, IF for me, pregnancy, miscarriage, & surgery. Those are the negative highlights.

I've made some amazing friends though. Without these people & my husband, I seriously doubt I would have gotten through it. But we did. 2013 did not beat us & that's what we need to focus on.

Moving on to 2014!

We're at the tail end of the 2WW of our first IUI cycle. My beta is scheduled for Friday, which is 12dpo. That's still a hair early, but it's when they scheduled me. My plan is to go in for my blood work & then run to the potty there & pee on a stick (unless my temp drops that morning, I'll assume negative in that case). I need to know what's going on before my phone rings. Being surprised by a BFN in the middle of the day, at work, just won't go well.

We also have a huge move coming up fast. We're moving from New Jersey to Louisiana. It's an imposing task, but we have the wheels in motion. We're approved for an apartment, just waiting for a unit to open up. We're starting to pack up things here & there. We're also getting estimates for movers. I'm worried about getting everything done & planned, but I think we can figure it out.

I feel like 2014 is going to be a great year, for us & for so many of my friends. Cheers! Great things are coming!


1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for focusing on the positive :) I hope 2014 is a much, much kinder year all around! FX for beta on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete